Mother’s Day is a special day to celebrate motherhood, and all that mothers do for their families. This year, why not show your appreciation for expectant mothers by sending them a mother’s day message?
A personalized message will let her know that you think of her and wish her a happy Mother’s Day. Mother’s day wishes will always honor an amazing mom. Therefore, all the moms out there should celebrate Mother’s Day in honor of the wonderful mom they will be or already are.
Check out our roundup of the best mother’s day messages for expecting mothers and say Happy Mother’s day with love!
History of Mother's Day
Mother’s Day has been celebrated for centuries, but it wasn’t always on the second Sunday in May. The earliest history of Mother’s Day dates back to the ancient Greeks and Romans, who held festivals in honor of the mother goddesses Rhea and Cybele.
In the United States, the first official Mother’s Day was celebrated in 1908 when Anna Jarvis held a memorial service for her mother at St. Andrew’s Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia. After the service, Jarvis distributed white carnations to those attending, as they were her mother’s favorite flower. The holiday quickly caught on, and by 1914, President Woodrow Wilson had signed a proclamation declaring Mother’s Day a national holiday.
Mother’s day was then moved to every second Sunday in May so that it would always fall on a weekend. While mother’s day is now celebrated in many countries worldwide, the focus is still on honoring mothers and motherhood. For expecting mothers, this holiday can be even more special. After all, they are about to embark on one of the most amazing journeys of their lives!
Mother’s day is all about celebrating a wonderful mother, and there is no mother more wonderful than an expectant mother. So if you know an expectant mother, be sure to wish her a very happy Mother’s Day! Tell her that she will be a wonderful mother someday!
Messages for Expecting Mothers
Expecting mothers are on an extraordinary journey because they are about to become mothers! So on Mother’s Day, let them know just how amazing they are with a heartfelt message.
Here are some mother’s day messages for expecting mothers that will make their day even more special:
- “To the expectant mother who is about to embark on the amazing journey of motherhood, Happy Mother’s Day! You will be an incredible mother, and I can’t wait to see you grow into this new role.”
- “Wishing a very happy Mother’s Day to the expectant mother who is about to experience the most amazing adventure of her life! Congratulations and all the best on becoming a great mom!”
- “The journey of motherhood is an amazing one, and I am so excited for you to embark on it! Wishing you all the best on this special Mother’s Day.”
- “Wishing you all the joy, love, and happiness of being a great mom. Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!”
- “Becoming a mother is one of the most amazing things in life. I am so excited for you and can’t wait to meet your little one!”
- “Carrying a baby is such a special and amazing experience. I am so excited for you to become a mother and welcome an important person into the world!”
- “God bless you on this special day and all the days of motherhood to come. Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming arrival!”
- “I am so grateful to share this Mother’s Day with you. Congratulations on becoming a mother, and may all your dreams for your family come true!”
- “As you are waiting to meet your little one, I hope you feel surrounded by love and happiness on this special day. To become the best mom ever!”
- “Becoming a mother is something that you will always remember. Wishing you all the best on this memorable day. Share with us the great news of your baby’s arrival soon!”
- “They say that bearing a child is the closest a woman will ever come to know God and one of the greatest joys in life. On this Mother’s Day, I pray that you feel His presence as you wait for your baby’s arrival. A baby is always a precious gift from God. Have your baby enhance your hope and fill your world with more hope for the future.”
- “The journey to becoming a mother is not always easy, but it is worth it. Congratulations on your upcoming motherhood, and may God bless you and your family on this special day. Make this world a better place by showing how blessed you are to become a mom and a best friend to your child.”
- “There are no words to describe the joy of becoming a mother. I am so excited to meet your little one, and I know you will be an amazing mother. Congratulations and best wishes on your new blessing.”
- “The most exciting day in your life is getting closer and closer. I can’t wait to meet your little bundle of joy. Congratulations on becoming a mother, and may God bless you and your family on this great day.”
- “Becoming a mother is one of the most amazing things that can happen to a woman. On this Mother’s Day, I pray that you feel blessed beyond measure and know how much you are loved. Congratulations on your upcoming motherhood.”
Other Ways to Make Expecting Mothers Feel Special on Mother’s Day
Aside from sending a mother’s day message, there are other ways you can make an expecting mother feel special on mother’s day. Let us explore these ideas below:
Sending a gift basket
A gift basket is a great way to show an expecting mother how much you care. You can fill the basket with items that will be useful to her during pregnancy and after the baby is born.
Some ideas of what to include in the basket are:
- A calendar or day planner to help her keep track of doctor’s appointments, prenatal classes, etc.
- A gift certificate for a prenatal massage or other spa treatment.
- A copy of a pregnancy book like “What to Expect When You’re Expecting.”
- A cute onesie or other baby clothing item.
- A box of chocolates or other treats to help her indulge her cravings!
Organizing a mother’s day brunch or dinner party
You can also organize a mother’s day brunch or dinner party for all the expectant mothers in your life. Include some healthy and delicious food options to guarantee that everyone enjoys the party! This is a great way to celebrate motherhood and show your support for one another.
Organize a surprise party
Surprises are always fun, so why not organize a surprise mother’s day party for the expectant mother in your life? Include some of her favorite things at the party, such as balloons, flowers, and cake! This is sure to make her feel loved and appreciated.
Gather messages from friends and loved ones and compile them in a video
These days, it’s easy to gather messages from friends and loved ones using technology. If you know an expectant mother who would appreciate a video full of mother’s day messages, this is the perfect way to show your support! A video is a good idea because it can be replayed and enjoyed repeatedly.
Sponsor a maternal photoshoot
If you want to make a mother-to-be feel special, why not sponsor a maternal photoshoot? This is a great way to capture the beauty of motherhood and the joy that comes with it. The expectant mother will appreciate this thoughtful gesture!
Take her to the beach
Expectant mothers deserve to relax and enjoy the sun! Take her to the beach for a mother’s day out. Just make sure to pack plenty of sunscreens! This will definitely be a day to remember.
These are just some ideas to get you started. Whatever you do, make sure it comes from the heart. Mothers deserve all the love and appreciation in the world! Happy mother’s day!
Other Ways to Make Expecting Mothers Feel Special on Mother’s Day
Expecting mothers are still in the first part of their motherhood journey. They are making a lot of sacrifices for their child even before they are born.
Expecting mothers go through a lot of changes, both physically and emotionally. Their bodies are going through so much to accommodate their growing baby. They sometimes have to give up activities they used to enjoy because it’s not safe for them or their baby anymore.
Expecting mothers also have to deal with a lot of anxiety and stress. They worry about their baby’s health and if they are doing everything right. They want to ensure that their baby has everything they need when they finally enter the world.
These sacrifices that expecting mothers make are worth it when they finally get to hold their baby in their arms. So on this Mother’s Day, let’s celebrate all the expecting mothers out there. They will be amazing mothers, and we can’t wait to see them blossom into motherhood. Make sure to honor a mom-to-be on Mother’s Day to feel appreciated for everything they are doing.
Taking Care of an Expecting Mother: A Short Guide for Friends and Family
Expecting mothers go through a lot of changes during pregnancy. Their bodies are going through so many changes, and they are also dealing with the emotional roller coaster that is pregnancy. It can be hard to know how to help an expecting mother, but there are some things that you can do to make sure they feel taken care of.
Here are some tips on taking care of an expecting mother:
Make sure she is getting enough rest.
Pregnancy is exhausting, and an expecting mother needs all the rest she needs. By being able to rest, she will be able to handle better the challenges that pregnancy brings.
Make sure she is getting enough to eat and drink.
An expecting mother must be getting enough food and water since pregnancy can make her easily get hungry and thirsty. Make sure that she always has access to healthy snacks and drinks.
Make sure she is getting enough exercise.
For many women, pregnancy can be a sedentary time. But getting enough exercise is essential to help her stay healthy and fit during pregnancy. Just make sure that the exercise routines are safe for pregnant women.
Make sure she has someone to talk to.
Properly preparing for a new baby is an exciting time, but it can also be isolating. It’s vital that expecting mothers have someone they trust and understand what they’re going through. This person can be your friend or family member; or therapist/counselor (if applicable). Telling them about all the details will help keep sanity during pregnancy!
Help her with household tasks.
Even if you can’t do everything, taking some of the load off her will help. Always make sure to offer assistance and never make her feel that she is a burden.
Encourage her to take care of herself.
Pregnancy can be a very overwhelming time. It is crucial to encourage an expecting mother to take care of herself. Give her opportunities for self-care, such as going out for prenatal massages and taking walks in nature.
Making the Most Out of Mother’s Day: Showing Love and Support
As mentioned above, motherhood is a beautiful journey, but it doesn’t come without its challenges. This Mother’s Day, take the time to show your support and love for the mother in your life. Whether it be your mother, mother-in-law, or even a close friend who is expecting, let her know that she is appreciated and loved.
Expecting mothers need all the support and affirmation they can get because motherhood is a big responsibility. The simple act of sending a mother’s day message can make all the difference. After all, it shows that you are thinking of her and caring about her well-being.
So, if you know an expecting mother who could use a little pick-me-up this Mother’s Day, send her one of the mother’s day messages above. It’ll surely make her feel loved and appreciated.
Saying just the right words on mother’s day can be tough. But, with a bit of thought and creativity, it is possible to come up with the perfect mother’s day message for that special lady in your life. Use the mother’s day messages above as inspiration, and you’re sure to make this mother’s day one to remember!
You can even go the extra mile to make a mother’s day card for the expecting mother in your life if you want. Just add a personal touch to one of the mother’s day messages above, and you’re sure to make her smile.
After all, there’s nothing that an expecting mother loves more than a little bit of love and appreciation on Mother’s Day! So, go ahead and spread the love on this mother’s day!