April Fools’ Day is a great time to have fun with your family, especially with the best kids’ jokes, pranks, and other activities to get everyone laughing!
We’ve rounded up some of the best kid-friendly April Fools’ Day jokes, pranks, and activities so you can plan an epic day of fun.
The Best Kids Jokes to Crack Up the Whole Family
Kids love to tell jokes, and April Fools’ Day is a great time to share some of the best jokes for kids. Have everyone take turns telling funny jokes until you get enough laughs to fill a room.
There are plenty of jokes for kids out there, such as animal jokes like asking what a cat’s favorite color is (purrr-ple), what polar bears without teeth are called ( gummy bears), what the mama cow said to her calf (“it’s pasture bedtime”), what a sleeping bull is called (a bull dozer), or why couldn’t a pony sing (because they’re a little hoarse, a play on “little horse”).
If your child likes math, you can crack math jokes. Ask them why the math book is sad (because it has many problems) or what a math teacher’s favorite dessert is (a “pi,” which is homonymous to “pie”).
Share tree jokes if your kid is a nature lover. Ask the what a tree’s favorite beverage is (root beer), what the big flower said to the little flower (“hey, bud!”), or what tree can fit in their hand (a palm tree).
Food jokes can work, too. You can ask your child what the baby corn asked the mama corn (where is pop corn?). There are also many nacho cheese and salad dressing jokes out there that can make your kid laugh.
It can also just be any joke you can think of or make, but here are a few of our favorite funny jokes for kids that will have everyone in stitches:
Q: What do ghosts like to read?
Q: What do you call a fake noodle?
A: An impasta!
Q: Why couldn’t the pirate play cards?
A: Because he was sitting on
Q: What did the 0 say to the 8?
A: Nice belt!
Q: How do you make an octopus laugh?
A: With ten-tickles!
Q: What’s a computer’s favorite snack?
Q: Why are ghosts bad liars?
A: Because you can see right through them!
Q: Why don’t eggs tell jokes?
A: They’d crack each other up!
Q: Why did the teddy bear say no to dessert?
A: He was already stuffed!
Q: Why don’t scientists trust atoms?
A: Because they make up everything!
Q: What did the penny say to the other penny?
A: We make perfect cents!
Q: Why didn’t the dinosaur cross the road?
A: Because it was extinct!
Q: What is a snake’s favorite subject?
Q: What is a witch’s favorite subject?
Q: What did one eye say to the other?
A: Between you and me, something smells!
Q: What did the pickle say when it couldn’t get up?
A: Dill with it!
Q: Why did the banana go to the doctor?
A: Because it wasn’t peeling well!
Q: Why did the scarecrow win an award?
A: Because he was outstanding in his field!
Funny Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
Knock-knock jokes are classic jokes for kids, and perfect for April Fools’ Day. Here are some of our favorite knock-knock jokes for kids to get your kids laughing. Wherever you are, a knock-knock joke will always be a hit!
1. Knock Knock!
Don’t cry—it’s only a joke!
2. Knock knock!
3. Knock knock!
4. Knock knock!
Bean working on this joke all day!
5. Knock knock!
Yarn so funny I almost forgot the punchline!
April Fools' Day Pranks to Play on Friends and Family Members
April Fools’ Day pranks are always a hit with kids and adults alike. Get ready to have some fun by planning some pranks that everyone can get involved in. Just remember that everything is just a joke and that the best kid-friendly jokes and pranks are those that don’t cause any harm.
Here are a few of the best kid-friendly April Fools’ Day pranks that will have your family and friends laughing all day long:
1. Pre-set alarm clocks around the house so they all go off at different times.
2. Put plastic wrap over the toilet bowl so when someone goes to use it, they’ll get a big surprise!
3. Hide fake spiders around the house and watch as everyone jumps in fear.
4. Put a whoopee cushion on your family member’s chair for an extra special prank.
5. Put some Vaseline on the door handle, so your family members get stuck when they go to open it.
6. Sneak a rubber snake into someone’s bed while they’re sleeping for an extra special shock!
7. Put blue food coloring on the milk that you will serve for breakfast. Just act normal and watch everyone’s reactions when they take a sip!
8. Put a sign on the door that says “Beware of the Leopard” or something similarly outrageous.
9. Put some double-sided tape on the floor and watch as everyone tries to walk across it.
10. Give someone some chocolate. Once they start eating, just point at them and laugh! Don’t say anything, just point and laugh!
11. Serve breakfast with the wrong utensils, like soup spoons for cereal and butter knives for toast.
12. Switch the labels on the food in the kitchen, like putting orange juice on the cereal box and milk in the orange juice container.
13. Put a fake bug in someone’s sandwich for a classic prank that never gets old!
14. Pack someone’s shoes with confetti for an extra special surprise.
15. Paint a bar of soap with clear nail polish so it won’t lather when someone tries to use it.
Always remember that pranks shouldn’t be mean, and should never cause anyone harm. The thought behind the prank should be to have some fun and bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Looking for some fun April Fools’ Day activities to try with your kids? Here are a few ideas that are sure to keep them entertained and laughing all day long:
1. Try out some April Fools’ themed science experiments like making fake snow or creating your own rainbow!
2. Play a game of hide and seek in the dark for extra added fun.
3. Have a treasure hunt around the house or yard for some silly April Fools’ Day prizes.
4. Complete an April Fools’ themed puzzle together, like one with all of your favorite cartoon characters!
5. Make some funny faces using things you find around the house, like empty food containers or old clothes.
6. Create a homemade April Fools’ Day prank kit for your kids to use on each other.
7. Have an April Fools’ themed costume party and encourage everyone to dress up in their silliest outfit! You can also give out awards such as the best dad joke told, award for the most stories told, and awards for the best jokes all around!
8. Make some funny April Fools’ Day cards for your family and friends.
9. Put together an April Fools’ themed scavenger hunt for everyone to take part in! This activity will surely tickle every family member’s funny bone!
10. Have a food fight using silly string, pop corn, whipped cream, or anything else that won’t cause too much of a mess!
11. Watch funny April Fools’ Day-themed movies together.
12. Put together an April Fools’ themed obstacle course in your backyard!
13. Make a contest for the best joke or prank and give out silly prizes to the winner.
14. Put together a funny April Fools’ Day skit for everyone to perform!
15. Play a game of April Fools’ themed charades for extra fun.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but feel free to get creative and come up with your own April Fools’ Day activities to enjoy with the kids.
You can take play a musical instrument and compose a funny song, dress up like Bugs Bunny or your kids’ favorite character, or even just play a baseball game with a twist–the one who loses gets to perform a silly or funny consequence.
You can also let your pet join in. You can dress up your dog as a dog magician.
Whatever you do, have fun. And don’t forget to play nice!
Why Is Laughter Important for Kids?
Laughter can be a key ingredient in helping kids learn and grow. It can help to reduce stress, boost their self-esteem, and foster relationships with peers and adults alike.
In addition to these positive benefits, laughter can be a great tool for teaching children important life lessons.
For instance, when kids laugh at silly jokes or pranks, it can help them to understand the importance of good sportsmanship and being respectful of others. They may also learn to accept failure and mistakes gracefully instead of taking things too seriously.
What Are the Benefits of Laughter for Both Parent and Child?
Laughter can be beneficial for both parents and children. For parents, laughter can help reduce stress and create a positive atmosphere in the home. It can also strengthen the parent-child bond and open up more meaningful conversations between them.
For kids, laughter helps to boost their self-esteem, encourages creative thinking, and teaches them important life lessons. It can also enhance their social skills by helping them connect better with peers and adults alike.
Laughter is an important part of childhood and can benefit both parents and children.
Trying out some April Fools’ Day activities with your kids and sharing jokes for kids are great ways to bring laughter into your home while teaching them important lessons.
Special occasions are also great opportunities to crack holiday jokes. There are great jokes for every holiday, so there’s something to laugh about the whole year round.
Be as creative as you can be, and just have fun!